Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Process

As of right now, we're somewhere in the middle of the adoption process.  We've completed almost all of our homestudy appointments, attended the 4 and a half hour adoption education class, watched all of the required DVDs, read half the 2 inch stack of adoption related articles, and compiled half the required paperwork for the dossier.  And right now, I'm tired and wondering when it will all be done.  I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't some game or required college class--our child is waiting at the end of all of this. 
It's funny, I remember having similar feelings when I was pregnant with each of my daughters.  "Will there ever be a time when I'm not sick (I'm one of those who's sick all 9 months) and pregnant anymore?", I wondered.  So I guess I'm going to do the only thing I can do--press on toward the goal and pray for strength for each step of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment