Friday, February 25, 2011

Be Warned: Adopting May Cause Refinement

I've been struggling.  Again. 

We're feeling the squeeze:
Virtually empty savings accounts.  A looming paycut from my husband's already modest teacher salary.  Rising gas prices.  Anticipating another mouth to feed and bottom to diaper. 

My heart is heavy wondering how we're going to do this.

The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.  1 Thessalonians 5:24

God has given us a burden for His orphans-- these precious children who deserve so much more than what they have!  Royalty, living in rags with bloated bellies and an aching in their hearts for a family to love them and call their own.

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.  Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.  Psalm 82:3-4

And here I am, not having to wonder where my next meal is coming from or where I'm going to sleep tonight, but concerned about the cute clothes I can't buy, the new furniture I want, the coffee drinks I won't be able to drink, the kitchen gadget that could make my life easier and more comfortable.  Mere things.  Things that I love and cling to.

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven...For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:20-21

Oh, depraved soul of mine, be refined.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. -Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment