Friday, August 5, 2011

Update

Waiting is the foundation of the spiritual life.

Many of our friends and family have been asking us lately if we've heard anything.  The answer is, yes we have!  We found out on Wednesday that we are number

on the watiting list.

To be honest, we were a bit disappointed because we were 14th a month and a half ago and I was hoping we would at least be like 5th or 3rd or some other single digit number.  On a positive note, we are thrilled that we are 11 spots away from laying our eyes on our precious boy for the first time!  We will continue to trust that God's timing is perfect, and that the moment we've been waiting for will come at just the right time.

As we wait, we continue to pray and prepare and enjoy our little girlie loves.  One of which we'd like to have potty trained before L comes home.  Needless to say, we have plenty to keep us busy as we wait.

We got another call this week from the school that we wanted Grace to attend.  They were calling to let us know that she got in!  Our awesome, sovereign, humorous Lord, however, has been working in my heart since February, and we feel that He's leading us to homeschool.  Today I made the call to give up our spot at said school ("We're really doing it, Harry!"), and I am refreshingly, delightfully excited.  I found a curriculum that I love, and I'm looking forward to returning to my career as a teacher--this time with a classroom of one! 

My classroom of one.


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.     -- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment